Friday, March 10, 2017

Piano, books, and friends

Bonjour!

TGIF!

It's been a great week.  I spent the week in thought about how to reconnect with friends.  So I did the cool thing:  Facebook!  Friendships are so important to maintain over the years.  

So, I have an idea.

I recently purchased a book online.  It's Hanon's Virtuoso Pianist: 60 piano exercises to improve technical skill.  If a pianist wants to be a great musician, they must have good technique and know their scales.
I'll start with scales and technique, build a nice 5-piece repertoire, and record myself playing the songs.  I plan on posting the recordings to YouTube.  

In other news, my library book is so relatable that it makes me giddy.  There are things that I've experienced that made me feel like I was the only one.  But I've found that this just isn't true.



Overall, this has been a week of more emotional progress.  I'm thankful.

-Gertie

No comments:

Post a Comment