Saturday, February 25, 2017

New possibilities

Bonjour, 😊

It's the weekend!

And I've rewarded myself, as promised.  I have decided to be more open to being in a romantic relationship and also to giving birth to a child.

My ex-boyfriend (who was 4 years my senior) and I broke up 7 years ago.  I haven't had a serious relationship since then.  That seems like a long time, but being a serial-dater hasn't been on my top list of priorities.  I like to date with a purpose.

There are so many reasons to be single, but there may be even more reasons to be in love.  And still even more incentive to raise a family with the one you love.

"Getting married and having kids makes you live longer!" Lol.

Not to be capriciously sardonic, but yes, that was a joke. 

In all seriousness, I've moved on from the stifling period of my life in which I was with one of the most controlling, stagnating guys ever.  I'm ready to see how it feels to enjoy being in a partnership, a 2-person team. 

Finally, I have become open to giving birth.  I would like for my future children's dad to be present; thus, the wait.  But I feel closer to ready than I was before.  But not quite ready.



My credit score needs repairing.  And I have a few pounds to drop.  And, I have to be in a relationship first in order to get married and/or have kids.  (This isn't a given for everyone).

Also, a significant other makes the perfect taste-tester when trying recipes. I love to dote on a boyfriend, when I have one.  And eventually, I'll love having kids and being a mom.

Whose to blame for the sudden baby fever?

A book by my favorite author and a visit to the local women's center for a family member's appointment.  The sonographer at the appointment said that her baby was 'swimming' in the womb.  It's arms were making swim-like movements! How adorable!

But before having kids, many conditions and criteria have to be met by both me and the potential father.  Either way, the idea has become a future reality.  That's more than I can say for the rigid, icy person I was last year.  Besides I've been having dreams about puppies and forests, which symbolizes springtime and fertility.

It could be fun.  The most reassuring fact about pregnancy: it's completely possible and totally safe to hit the gym while carrying a child.  That's very important to me.

Maybe I'll have great news about this very topic in the next couple of years.

  googoo gaga, 🐕🐣

-Gertie


No comments:

Post a Comment