I was just thinking. I'm sticking with my decision, but it will take more time and effort than I originally estimated.
One reason is because I've decided to rest for one more year before starting back to school.
This year will be my time to step my game up.
My diet and fitness routine, along with my studying habits, in addition to savings for a car, will keep me busy. Not to mention, my personal life needs a serious revamp.
The silver lining is that this extra time will be a mostly positive experience. I am in complete control of my own attitude and thus have determined to be as pleasant and gentle with myself as I possibly can.
I tend to beat myself up over what I perceive as mistakes or setbacks. I also have the bad habit of comparing myself to my peers. Comparisons of that nature will always cause me to perceptively, and inaccurately, fall short.
School is great, but its only one part of life. I won't attempt to trivialize its importance, but I can't forget that self-care is also an important habit; it could even be considered an endeavor. In addition to caring more for myself, I've decided to care more for...people. Around me. Ones who matter in my heart.
Good luck to you in your wishes come true,
- Gertie
šš®

No comments:
Post a Comment